Helpful agents are standing by: (312) 470-6943
Press play below to listen to our audio commercial:

Crucial Tips For Filling A Car Insurance Claim In Illinois Which is Best For You

A comparative negligence law means that more than one driver can be at fault or be accused for causing an accident. The law uses a percentage basis, you can be ruled to be 60% cause while the other driver ruled 40% cause of the accident. Remember that each of the drivers have insurance, this law simply tries to determine or calculate the amount of compensation that will be made by each drivers insurance policy. Normally, it takes a maximum of 21 days for the auto insurance companies to discuss the accidents details and come up with a comprehensive compensation plan. The following is a guide for filing auto insurance claim in Illinois.

  • Ensure that you and the other driver involved in the accident have insurance policies and proof of insurance. It is illegal for a driver in Illinois to drive a car without proof of insurance and this will lead to harsh penalties like suspension of driver’s license and revocation of registration. After that, exchange insurance details with the other driver so that you can know which company will compensate you.
  • Call the police. Even though they may not respond as quickly as you would wish them to but it is advisable to call for their assistance to help in accessing the accident scene and determine which driver was at fault or who faulted the traffic rules.
  • Call your insurance company in Illinois to the scene of accident. Do not wait after a day. It is recommended that they also view the accident, the police report and any other necessary documentation that can support your claim.
  • Mail the police report with an accident statement that you will have recorded with the police detailing what happened in the accident. It is stated that the insurance company should take up to 21 days to respond to your claim but depending on the timing and complexity of the case it may take less days.
  • Mail the same information to the insurance company of the other driver to facilitate the claim process and damage assessment. At this point it is necessary to follow the instruction of your Illinois auto insurance company on what you should do and being keen on the whole process.

Having a good driving record will help support your claim as you will seem to be a very careful driver that obeys all the traffic rules. Make sure that you maintain a clean traffic record so as to support your claim but the most important thing is to be aware and avoid accidents at all means.

There are several insurance companies in your local area that enable you to file your claims and you will be compensated as soon as possible. All you need to do is to be aware of them and compare their Illinois auto insurance quotes so that you can choose the one that suits you. By entering your zip code on top of this website you will be able to do so.